Mark Lindsay served on President Obama’s Transition Team and in President Clinton’s White House as Assistant to the President for the Office of Management and Administration. His areas of responsibility included the White House Military Office, which managed Air Force One, The White House Communications Agency, the Medical Unit and Camp David; running the White House Operations; and the Executive Office of the President’s Office of Administration, which was responsible for finance, information systems, human resources, legal/appropriations and security. Mr. Lindsay’s office was responsible for the logistics of all domestic and international Presidential travel and special air missions. President Clinton selected Mr. Lindsay to be the operational lead for the White House’s 2001 transition preparation and execution.
Prior to his appointment to the White House, Mr. Lindsay served as senior legislative aid and counsel to Congressman Louis Stokes (D-OH). He worked closely with Democrats and the Congressional Black Caucus on a number of business and economic issues.
Mr. Lindsay was a member of Senator Hillary Clinton’s Minnesota Finance Committee for her 2008 Presidential campaign.
Before joining The Livingston Group, Mr. Lindsay was with UnitedHealth Group, one of the world’s largest healthcare companies, where he held a number of senior positions including President of the AARP Pharmacy Services Division and Vice President of Public Communications and Strategy.
Mr. Lindsay holds a graduate degree from Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota; a juris doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law; a masters degree in International Affairs from Georgetown University; a graduate degree from the Advanced Management program at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School. He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- UnitedHealth Group, President - AARP Pharmacy Services Division and Vice President of Public Communications and Strategy
- President Clinton, Assistant to the President for the Office of Managment and Administration
- U.S. Rep. Louis Stokes (D-OH), Senior Legislative Aid and Counsel
- Georgetown University, Master of International Affairs
- Case Western Reserve School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Macalester College, St. Paul Minnesota
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton Business School, Advanced Management Program
Significant Associations, Activities and Accomplishments
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, President Obama's Transition Team
- Member, Senator Hillary Clinton 2008 Presidential campaign, Minnesota Finance Committee
- Operational lead for the White House's 2001 transition preparation and execution
- Responsible for the logistics of all domestic and international Presidential travel and special air missions
- Worked closely with Democrats and the Congressional Black Caucus on a number of business and economic issues